[Mailman-Developers] mailman and nfs

Dave Stern - Former Rocket Scientist dave@umiacs.umd.edu
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 09:00:56 -0400 (EDT)

I set up mailman (2.0.11) on a solaris 2.8 machine and am relatively happy
with it. For various reasons, we want the mailman software (and homedir)
nfsmounted from elsewhere. Configuring it with a hard nfsmount seems to
work well but some here would rather it be automounted.

Does mailman support automount? Is it suggested?

I got it working with automount but on occasion get unexpected results
eg webpage unavailable and giving traceback. I'm wondering if this is
just a result of my testing (manually unmounting, reconfiguring, remounting)
and getting a sort of race condition ie the partition isn't yet available
for web access.  Anyone?

Thanks

 David Stern                                            University of Maryland
                Institute for Advanced Computer Studies