[Mailman-Developers] Opening up a few can o' worms here...

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 21:39:54 -0700

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:19:16 -0700
John W Baxter <John> wrote:

> I think the issue is larger than just mailing lists: SMTP-based email
> will be unusable soon.  The replacement will be something permission
> based with electronic signatures involved, and some TMDA-like way to
> get started conversing with someone.

Note that TMDA handling is trivially automated by SPAMmers and that they
will so automatically handle and bypass TMDA as soon as it becomes
popular enough for them to notice.

Heck, I'm using Mimefilter which mails back insulting messages (which
mentioned the -owner address for the relevant list) to posters who send
unwanted MIME parts.  It took little time for the SPAM rate on -owner to
increase by an order of magnitude.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?