[Mailman-Developers] Do we need the password in the HTML of the confirm page?

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 01:19:25 -0800

When I went to:
http://gandalf-lists.merlins.org/lists/confirm/test2/372ff4ab4ca390f3c3bfabd47cd78e92489a0b5d
(don't bother trying, it's localhost on my laptop :-D)
I get an HTML page to confirm my subscription.

I haven't looked at the code in details, but does mailman need to put
the list password in cleartext in the HTML?
(if the answer is "yes", then never mind)

It's not the end of the world, but  if someone puts my Email by mistake (one
letter typo or something in a company),  I can get his mailman password, and
with a little  luck that password could  work in other places  too (not that
the person is supposed to use the same password, but...)

Marc