[Mailman-Developers] Macintosh files when uploading "mass subscription " lists

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 23:01:11 -0800

On 3/11/02 10:45 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

>   F> 2) When users reply to a confirmation cookie, they usually send
>   F> their cookie followed by several lines of whatever
>   F> (signature). Mailman sends them the "your message in error"
>   F> reply, instead of "welcome !"
>
> Fixing this requires a rewrite of the mail command handler, something
> I've decided to put off until after MM2.1.  For now, it's a minor
> inconvenience (they still confirm their action).

What about just stopping processing of a message once you see the confirm?
Is that reasonable? What are the chances of there being multiple confirms or
commands in a single message? Is it reasonable to restrict it to one command
per e-mail in this case, so you can exit before sending an error?

Could you keep state, and if you've seen a confirm and acted, exit without
the error?

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Yes, I am an agent of Satan, but my duties
are largely ceremonial.