[Mailman-Developers] moderation...

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 13:40:02 -0800

On 3/12/02 12:56 PM, "Barry A. Warsaw" <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> Let's tease out what you really want...

(oreos, thanks... And soy milk)

> - Would you be happy with an emergency switch that applied to all
> postings, from members and non-members alike, even if the
> non-members are on the "accept these non-members" list?

Yes. Sometimes, you need a "time out, let's settle down" switch.

> - Should anybody's postings be able to go through without being caught
> by the emergency switch?

Only the list admins.

> - Should there be a magic header that lets messages go through even
> though the switch is pulled?  Urgent: headers?

Maybe configurable. IMHO, if you push the Big Red Button, only the admins
are allowed in until the Halon is gone....

> - Once the emergency switch is pulled, what should happen to postings?
> Should they just get held for approval?  Would it make any sense to
> reject or discard them?  Should that even be configurable?

I'm sure someone would want auto-reject, but IMHO, you're looking at
short-term, emergency moderation, so they go into the approval queue, so if
nothing else, the admin can review them and send back a personal note
explaining why the person should chill... (grin)

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

The first rule of holes: If you are in one, stop digging.