[Mailman-Developers] mailman filter for SpamAssassin support

James Henstridge james@daa.com.au
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 22:21:03 +0800

I uploaded a patch to the SF bug tracker today that adds support for
doing SpamAssassin (http://spamassassin.taint.org/) checks to the
mailman message pipeline:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=534577&group_id=103&atid=300103

This will contact the spamd daemon to score the message.  If the message
gets scored above one threshold, it gets discarded (this defaults to 10,
but can be customised in the mm_cfg.py file).  If the message scores
above another lower threshold, it gets held for moderation (this
defaults to 5).

I wrote this to try and reduce the number of messages held for
moderation.  I wrote it for mailman 2.0.x (as that is what I am using at
the moment), but it should be fairly easy to update for 2.1.

It might be worth using on the python.org mailing lists ...

James.

(I am not on the mailing list, so please don't remove me from the CC
list on replies).

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/