[Mailman-Developers] more 2.1b3++ MIME funnies.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 11:16:32 -0400

    | And the archive represents a history of...
    |    which version of the list...
    |      non-digest, text digest, MIME digest???

    JWB> Probably non-digest--except for a digest-only list--but
    JWB> proving what was sent by relying on the archive becomes
    JWB> difficult.

For the most part, what your non-digest members see is what the
archive sees.  So that means it's post content filtering and other
moderate-and-munge operations.

But the archives job is not to provide proof of what was posted to the
list.  For that you should hook into your mail server to archive
postings before they hit Mailman.

    JWB> I do *not* think the above musings imply "don't do it."

I'm not sure what I shouldn't be doing that I already isain't <wink>.

-Barry