[Mailman-Developers] CVS glitch.

Dale Newfield Dale@Newfield.org
Thu Oct 31 20:34:33 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Dan Mick wrote:
> It is expected that cvs without -A might not get everything.  It is
> unexpected that -A won't solve that.

And just for the edification of the list, an explanation of the other two
flags Barry suggested:
"-P" says "give me new directories (and their contents) if any have been
           created."
"-d" says "remove unmodified files (and resulting empty directories) that
           are no longer relevant."

Order should not matter, and I never tracked it down as far as I should,
but let me mention that I've witnessed people having cvs problems when the
flags are ordered "-P -d" instead of "-d -P"

from cvs --help update :
	-A	Reset any sticky tags/date/kopts.
	-P	Prune empty directories.
	-d	Build directories, like checkout does.

-Dale