[Mailman-Developers] blankety-blank AOL bounces (not accepting mail from...)

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Apr 10 12:18:29 EDT 2003

On Thursday, April 10, 2003, at 11:09  AM, Jeff Hahn wrote:

> On a philosophical level, I agree with you completely.  On a technical
> list,
> I agree with you.  On a non-technical list, it's very difficult to
> enforce.

many of my lists are non technical. it's simple. someone complains
about being unsubscribed, I send them a copy of the bounce and tell
them to stop doing it.

I do the same when I get spam complaints from AOL for messages posted
to lists. they get unsubscribed, they complain, I point out what they
did. If they do it twice, they get unsubscribed permanently.

> AOL IS broken.  AOL won't change.  Do you want to survive or do you
> want to
> be right??

you haven't read my blog, have you?

AOL will change, if it has to to survive. I plan on surviving no matter
what. AOL long ago convinced me to stop bending over backwards to make
up for its screwups, though. I spend enough time as list admin trying
to teach AOL users how to use the tools AOL gives them properly as it
is, something I really appreciate.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/

The Cliff's Notes Cliff's Notes on Hamlet:
     And they all died happily ever after