[Mailman-Developers] Mailman Integration

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Dec 13 17:55:40 EST 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-05 at 14:55, Ben Hall wrote:

> We've got some scripts adding a couple of features for our local
> installation of Mailman (v2.1.2). The scripts are using Mailman modules
> and classes (mostly MailList) directly as opposed to just calling
> mailman/bin scripts.
>
> I'm wondering how much might we expect the interfaces of these classes to
> change between releases of Mailman. Or more generally, how 'supported' is
> this means of integrating with Mailman?

I think that's a fine way to go, and there is very little chance any of
those interfaces will change for the Mailman 2.1.x line.

I'm still on the fence as to whether the next major version will be 2.2
or 3.0.  For a version 2.2 you can expect some, but not major changes.
For 3.0 you can expect everything to be rewritten from scratch :).