[Mailman-Developers] Oddness with handle-opts.html and subscribe.html

Mike Holderness mch at cix.compulink.co.uk
Mon Feb 3 13:00:00 EST 2003

I'm using MailMan 2.0.6 - upgrading isn't under my
control since I don't run the server.

The results pages handle-opts.html and subscribe.html
seem to be returning

  *<HTML>*<HEAD>*</HEAD>*<BODY*

prepended to the HTML uploaded, where * is a
Windows-undisplayable character which I presume
is likely to be &#010;

My search for "handle-opts" on the archive
produces nothing I recognise as a discussion
of this. Do I have a configuration problem?

You can try subscribing yourself at
   www.londonfreelance.org/indynet

(This is a test list only until Wednesday.
Please don't confirm your subscription unless
you are a contributor to the Independent
newspapers in London, in which case please do
and welcome :-)

Additionally, the HTML-uploading feature
sporadically[1] changes entities by escaping
the leading &amp; when it reports back what
the existing HTML is, so &quot; -> &amp;quot;

Mike

[1] if I see a pattern I'll provide a test case.