[Mailman-Developers] New SpamAssassin handler on sf.

Jerold Stratton jerry at sandiego.edu
Mon Nov 17 18:26:54 EST 2003

On Monday, November 17, 2003, at 02:52 PM, Richard Barrett wrote:
> Might I ask why enthusiasts for integration SpamAssassin with Mailman
> do not care about delivery of spam to other mail aliases in their
> domain. And if they do so care, why do they not concentrate on
> stopping spam reaching all of their mail aliases.
>
> I guess I cannot understand why you are messing around integrating
> SpammAssassin with Mailman when you should be integrating it with your
> MTA so that the spam never gets anywhere near Mailman.

I can't speak for the others, but in my case, I am the administrator
for Mailman, but not for the main mailserver, nor even for the
mailserver that MailMan runs on. I can install the spamassassin
software in the Mailman account; I can even install the spamassassin
server software on another server that I run; but I cannot integrate
spamassassin with the main mailserver in any way. Our current mail
system was designed to discourage server-side spam blocking.

Jerry
jerry at sandiego.edu
http://www.sandiego.edu/~jerry/
Serra 188B/x8773
--
"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing
that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly