[Mailman-Developers] HTML Emails

Wendt, Trevor trevor.wendt at aquila.com
Thu Oct 2 16:25:30 EDT 2003

I'm looking at using Mailman to distribute a multipart Text / HTML email message. The Text message is displayed for Text only email viewers and the HTML message is displayed for HTML capable email viewers. I'm using a separate CGI script to create the multipart email message which is then sent to my distribution list. This process works great.

My question is this; When using the setup outlined above, are there any tokens (such as %(users)s) that I can use in the HTML email message content so when it is passed through Mailman, Mailman would then replace the token with a user's name, email address, or append the full url for the customer's options page?

This functionality exists in Mailman because all the email templates work on this method. I guess what I need to know is if and how one can tap into this functionality with pass through emails. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Trevor