[Mailman-Developers] Mails shunt: LookupError: unknown encoding:
maierg at fs.tum.de
Mon Apr 26 13:49:12 EDT 2004
I have an "interesting" on some mailinglist. All mails to this list get shunted with the
error message: LookupError: unknown encoding: X-UNKNOWN
This only happens when digestable is set to true. The funny thing about this, that
I cannot figure out when this error occurs. It is only reproduceable on some lists.
- Not all lists with the digestable=1 have this phenomen, in fact only a few have it
- The problem is indepented from the mailer I use. Other lists work fine with all tested mailers
- The listowner told me that he didn't change the digestable option when mails stopped
arriving at the list (he just changed the archive from public to private).
- The list worked fine for some month before it "stopped working" at the beginning of april
- Updating mailman to 2.1.4 and several restarts didn't help
- There were no lockfiles that could have caused this problem
- Skimming the code in Scrubber.py und Message.py didn't help me.
- My current "hotfix" is to disable the digest option on the affected lists. But this cannot
be the solution forever....
My setup is a gentoo-linux box with mailman-2.1.4 and python-2.3.3
I have absolutely no clue how this problem was introduced to my system an why it
is just limited to some list.
There is a (quite old) bugreport about this problem from another guy:
but there's now hint there were the problem lies.
I hope you give a hint were to look for the source of this problem. Mainly I just want to
understand what's going on here.
Here's the excerpt from my error log:
Apr 26 18:27:05 2004 (17449) Uncaught runner exception: unknown encoding: X-UNKNOWN
Apr 26 18:27:05 2004 (17449) Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 110, in _oneloop
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 160, in _onefile
keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 130, in _dispose
more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 153, in _dopipeline
sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 91, in process
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 132, in send_digests
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 306, in send_i18n_digests
msg = scrubber(mlist, msg)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 265, in process
url = save_attachment(mlist, part, dir)
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 361, in save_attachment
fnext = os.path.splitext(msg.get_filename(''))
File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Message.py", line 714, in get_filename
return unicode(newvalue, newvalue or 'us-ascii')
LookupError: unknown encoding: X-UNKNOWN
Apr 26 18:27:05 2004 (17449) SHUNTING: 1082996756.746207+e85fdb8b141ccd2a8f0757824f62fbff58
More information about the Mailman-Developers