[Mailman-Developers] Mailman unsubscribe mechanism unclear

Somuchfun somuchfun at atlantismail.com
Wed Jan 28 16:33:51 EST 2004

Hello,
Can someone explain the exact mechanism mailman uses for unsubscriptions? I
see some of them are done without a confirmation and some members get an
email with a token asked to return it to confirm their unsubscription.
I have played around with mailman but are not able to figure out how it
determines when a confirmation is needed and when not.
Hostile unsubscriptions are a growing problem and I would need a way to make
sure all unsubscriptions need to be confirmed.

Thanks as always for the great help!