[Mailman-Developers] Re: New command-line tool...

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Sat Jul 17 03:01:19 CEST 2004

At 7:55 PM -0500 2004-07-16, David Champion wrote:

>  I don't have a new-enough mailman to judge this, and I don't see a link
>  for the full version of it at SF.

	You missed the download link at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=103&atid=300103&file_id=94197&aid=992621>?

>                                    But it sounds similar to my bulk-vette
>  script. If there's anything additional there, and anyone wants to make
>  it work with a current Mailman, have at it.

	I haven't heard of your bulk-vette script.  Is it also on SourceForge?

>  We use this mostly when a list admin has been negligent of pending posts
>  and he or a replacement admin wants the admindb cleared. Is that a
>  parallel function?

	This is a case where the admin of the list server is frequently
unable to log into the web interface to manage the mailing lists,
partly due to some performance bugs in the older version of mailman
he's using that have been addressed in more recent versions, and
partly due to the size and configuration of the server relative to
the number of subscribers and amount of traffic he's doing.

	By using the command-line tool he's now hacked together, he can
get a lot of his list admin work done without hitting the web
interface.

>  http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mailman/bulk-vette.py

	I'll point this one out to him.

	Thanks!

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755