[Mailman-Developers] setup with central database

Mikhail Sobolev mss at mawhrin.net
Tue Apr 5 02:41:27 CEST 2005

Hi

I'd like to create a rather special installation of mailman.

Environment
  central user database, with its own methods of add/removing/modifying
  users, as well as disabling (temporarily of permanently)

  apache2 serves all stuff

  Access to the website (to any part of it) is restricted to
  authenticated users

Now we came to the interesting part. If I just install the mailman as it
is, the user would have to enter the authentication information twice,
thus the first question:

  is it possible to somehow "re-use" the authentication information?

From the other hand, it should be impossible to subscribe people who are
not in the user database.  And as soon as they are disabled, they do not
receive any more mailings.

Does anybody have any ideas how to implement such a setup?

Right now I have a strong feeling that it's gonna require quite a bit of
coding, and I'd really like to avoid it.

Kind Regards

--
Misha