[Mailman-Developers] Mailman / One-Click Unsubscribe

André as at avalonmail.de
Mon Dec 19 15:10:31 CET 2005

Hi all,

we are using mailman as a newsletter-system for several customers and would
like to implement a "one click unsubsribe" - each mail should contain a
user-specific link for unsubscribing the user.

The problem is that we have legal requirements (and fairly "unexperienced
users") that force us to set up a real "one click" system - the standard
webpage for unsubscribing from mailman is a little to complicated (as you
still have to read some text..:-)

I read in the archives that there was a short discussion about that in
2004, but that, unfortunately, did not really help me.

First of all - is there anybody who already implemented that and is willing
to share his/her ideas upon that?

If there's no "ready-to-run"-solution for our problem, could please anyone
give me a hint on how to do that?

We could of cource set up a php or python-based website that can pass
commands to the shell-interface of mailman, but how do we secure that, so
that it's not possible to unsubscribe anyone from the list?

Or are there any other strategies you have thought about?

Thanks a lot for any advice/ideas;

André