[Mailman-Developers] Mailman / One-Click Unsubscribe

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Dec 19 19:43:30 CET 2005

André wrote:

> we are using mailman as a newsletter-system for several customers and would
> like to implement a "one click unsubsribe" - each mail should contain a
> user-specific link for unsubscribing the user.

I'm sure you recognize that this precludes digests as digests currently
can't be personalized.

> The problem is that we have legal requirements (and fairly "unexperienced
> users") that force us to set up a real "one click" system - the standard
> webpage for unsubscribing from mailman is a little to complicated (as you
> still have to read some text..:-)

I don't know if this will satisfy your requirement or not, but you could
construct a mailto: link in the msg_footer. e.g.,

Unsubscibe -
mailto:%(real_name)s-request@%(host_name)s?subject=unsubscribe%%20%(user_password)s%%20address=%user_address)s