[Mailman-Developers] Patch for Mail Archive mirroring

Jeff Breidenbach jeff at jab.org
Sun May 1 22:36:50 CEST 2005

Hi, I'm the other Jeff from The Mail Archive.

>Any subscriber might be keeping and publishing an archive of the list
>posts.  If the listmaster doesn't like that, he should be vetting each
>subscription, and making sure that each subscriber understands the
>rules.

The list administrator may also add the "X-No-Archive: Yes" header to
messages. This header says "no matter what, please don't archive this
message". It is machine parsable and automatically honored by all
reputable archiving services, including The Mail Archive and Gmane.