[Mailman-Developers] Search members bug?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat May 14 16:46:18 CEST 2005

On Sat, 2005-05-14 at 09:11, Jimmy Svensson wrote:
> I'm using the latest release candidate of Mailman and have a problem
> with the search function. When the result from the search is more than
> could be viewed on one page the result is divided into several pages
> depending on the beginning character of the email address... but when I
> want to view the results from the search beginning with anything other
> than A (for example B) the search is forgotten and all members beginning
> with B is shown instead of the ones I searched for. The problem is that
> the links for the different characters only contain the get variable
> "letter" and not "findmember" which is the variable posted by the search
> form.
>
> Have anyone else had the same problem? Would be nice with a fix for this.

JC Dill mentioned the same thing to me in private email.  I looked at
Mailman/Cgi/admin.py and it hasn't changed in a long time, so I'm
wondering if this is just the way it worked or if something else broke
"recently".

Is this the first 2.1.6 release candidate you've tried, or have you been
keeping up with the earlier development releases?  When did you notice
this breakage?

If I have time this weekend, I'll see if I can look into it, but we're
getting down to the wire with 2.1.6.