[Mailman-Developers] On allowing any list member to be an email moderator

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Tue Jan 3 06:25:29 CET 2006

At 12:21 PM +0900 2006-01-03, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>  Our lists don't have a topicality problem, so I don't think I've ever
>  had need to open a post.  The summary subject invariably shows spam
>  vs. ham.

	I can't speak for Barry or anyone else, but when I use Mailman to
handle mailing lists for webmaster, postmaster, etc..., there is a
99% chance that any one particular message is spam, and I have to
take a look at the remaining 1% to see if they've managed to forge a
plausible subject line on something that we would rather not be
allowed through to the list.

	Since one known tactic of spammers is to take list archives and
slice off message bodies and replace them with their own, I think
that this is a necessary step -- for me, on the mailing lists I help
manage, the way I help to manage them.

>  My only problem with the current interface form is that the form is a
>  little too big to be conveniently used in a format of 3 columns of 6
>  rows of frames.

	Which I think is part of why Skip created mmfold.py.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755