[Mailman-Developers] before nextrelease: disable backscatter in default installation

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Mar 10 19:22:23 CET 2008

--On Friday, March 07, 2008 4:31 PM -0800 Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net>
wrote:

> I changed the last part. Take a look. Note that sitelist.cfg is
> irrelevant. It is intended to be used as input to bin/config_list to
> configure the site list ('mailman' list) more appropriately than the
> default settings. It has no actual effect on any list unless you run
> bin/config_list on that list with sitelist.cfg as input.

The new text says to change generic_nonmember_action but not where to
change it. I see it in /var/lib/mailman/data/sitelist.cfg which I believe
is site-wide and probably suffers the same issue. I haven't yet found it in
the web interface. (It might be nice if the web interface included an "all
settings" page, or at least an index of settings so one could then go to
the specific page with that setting.)

Ideally I should be able to change it in a text file or otherwise with a
shell utility, so that I can bulk-change the setting in all lists I manage
with a script.