[Mailman-Developers] mm-handler 2.1.10 (was: before next release: disable backscatter in default installation)

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Mar 28 22:57:11 CET 2008

--On Thursday, March 06, 2008 4:02 PM -0600 David Champion
<dgc at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Here is an update to mm-handler which might address this adequately.  I
> no longer use mm-handler myself (despite having written it), so I can't
> test this short of installing a new Mailman instance.  Can someone on
> the list test it?
>
>   http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/sw/mailman/mm-handler/mm-handler-2.10
>
> Since it's contrib and not supported, maybe it would be reasonable to
> put the update into the 2.1.10 release -- provided someone can declare
> that it works. :)  Otherwise feel free to post it on the wiki.

I made some tweaks and discovered it won't work with a list with a dash in
the name, due to the regex used to extract the action suffix. Can someone
more nimble with regex let me know how to adjust it?

<http://matureasskickers.net/MISC/mm-handler.experimental>

I also changed the "printf STDERR" to syslog to my maillog.

Here's the before/after regex:

---