[Mailman-Developers] template patch for Cgi/confirm.py (was: webui templates or not?)

Frank Schubert f.schubert at espresto.com
Tue May 20 18:21:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

I started with Cgi/confirm.py

I removed bad_confirmation and replaced it with a more general method (show_informational_message) that takes an optional argument.
The optional argument is a message that can be rendered for the web-user.

All directly rendered messages - outside the methods mentioned below - are changed to use the new method show_informational_message.

Because show_informational_message can be used when mlist is unavailable, it searches for a template-file in the default template directory with the default language. (e.g. /var/lib/mailman/templates/en)

The attached patch does *not* cover the following methods, because another template-file is needed for them:
* ask_for_cookie
* subscription_prompt
* unsubscription_prompt
* addrchange_prompt
* heldmsg_prompt
* reenable_prompt

I will cover these with the following patches.

It is my first work with python and Mailman and surly not ready for inclusion.
I wanted to get this out as fast as possible to have a base to work on - so please bear with me.

Bye,
Frank

--
Frank Schubert
Systemadministration
f.schubert at espresto.com

HRB 77554 AG - Berlin-Charlottenburg
Vorstand: Alexander Biersack, Maya Biersack, Peter Biersack
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Oli Kai Paulus