[Mailman-Developers] Proposed: remove address-obfuscation code from Mailman 3

Bob Puff bob at nleaudio.com
Sat Aug 29 04:20:22 CEST 2009

That's the logical progression of that argument, and is the good reason why
obfuscation or even removal of parts is not only a good idea, its a necessity.
 Exposing raw email addresses in their normal form is real low-hanging fruit.

Regardless of what I think, my clients will cry bloody murder if emails leak
out.  I had one person recently google their email address, and found a link
to an archive file that should have been private.  I had removed all links to
the archives, but somehow Google found it, indexed it, and the guy threatened
me with bloody murder if I didn't take it down.  Sheesh.

Bob