[Mailman-Developers] List Administration Manual r2.1

C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP cjac at colliertech.org
Fri May 13 19:01:28 CEST 2011

Hello folks,

I'm putting together a proposal for the use of mailman to a potential
client and would like to deliver a complete set of documentation.  The
List Administration Manual looks like it's nearly finished and just
needs a bit of work by a technical writer with experience in the subject
area.

I've been participating in mailman lists since at least 2002 and
administering and moderating successful and unsuccessful lists on my own
hardware and others' since 2003.

I have also racked up about 9 months of experience developing LaTeX
documents during grad school.  I still consider myself a bit of a
neophyte in this area and will be needing some help setting up the LaTeX
environment for compiling the .dvi files.  At this point, I installed
the python-sphinx package (debian) and copied
the /usr/share/sphinx/texinputs/howto.cls it provides to the build
directory.  I am getting the following error and would appreciate any
insight you can provide.

Cheers,

C.J.

$ latex mailman-admin.tex
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-1.40.10 (TeX Live 2009/Debian)
entering extended mode
(./mailman-admin.tex
LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
yphenation, loaded.
(./howto.cls
Document Class: howto 2008/10/18 Document class (Sphinx HOWTO)
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class
(/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/size10.clo)))
! Undefined control sequence.
l.7 \release
            {1.0}