[Mailman-Developers] mailman breaking PGP/MIME-signed messages (was: Re: My First Signed email)

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Fri May 27 20:39:51 CEST 2011

On 5/27/2011 10:49 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

> This is clearly a problem with mailman; mailman is not treating the
> content within the multipart/signed message as an immmutable text.  In
> particular, it's re-formatting multi-line headers within the signed
> part.
>
> This is apparently known upstream, reported many moons ago, when mailman
> used sourceforge as a bugtracker:
>
>  http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=815297&group_id=103&atid=100103
>
> And it appears to now be tracked upstream here:
>
>  https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/558123

Bug 558123 (sf933757) is a duplicate of Bug 265967 (sf815297) and is now
marked as such. The Debian patch in Bug 558123 was refactored  and
released in Mailman 2.1.13.

See <https://bugs.launchpad.net/mailman/+bug/265967> for the base bug
report and
<http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~mailman-coders/mailman/2.1/revision/1189>