[Mailman-Developers] Mailman lists now available on Gmane

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Sun Nov 13 00:31:29 CET 2011

I'm very happy to announce that at long last, the main GNU Mailman mailing
lists hosted at python.org are now available on Gmane.  This includes:

    mailman-announce
    mailman-developers
    mailman-users
    mailman-i18n

All of the archives for these lists have been imported as well.

If you're not familiar with Gmane, I strongly encourage you to take a look.
It's an amazing service for the free software and open source community.

    http://gmane.org/

While web archives are available, for me, the NNTP access is the really cool
thing.  If your mail reader can speak NNTP (the good and still useful part of
Usenet :), then you just need to subscribe to the newsgroups and you can read
entire threads of discussion from the past.  After the first email
verification dance, you can even post to the newsgroup and it will show up on
the mailing list.

I'm on a personal mission to stop archiving any publicly available mailing
lists, and what this means to me is that I can just about halve my inbox!
Here are some links:

    http://gmane.org/find.php?list=mailman-announce
    http://gmane.org/find.php?list=mailman-developers
    http://gmane.org/find.php?list=mailman-users
    http://gmane.org/find.php?list=mailman-i18n

The NNTP interface is also a model of what I'd love to see Mailman 3
eventually provide by default (not to steal any thunder from Gmane).

My thanks to Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen who runs Gmame, and to the python.org
postmasters for all their help in getting this set up.

Enjoy,