[Mailman-Developers] GHC11 open source day

Terri Oda terri at zone12.com
Mon Nov 14 09:57:13 CET 2011

GHC11 included an open source hackathon on Saturday, and I was lucky
enough to find some great people who spent the day helping with
usability testing and interface mockups for Mailman.

We focused a bunch on the admin interfaces, which (unlike the archives
and the member options pages) haven't been particularly usability tested
before, and poked through using the first roughs for Mailman 3.0 (Thanks
again for letting us abuse your server, Florian!).  I've got a huge pile
of notes and a suitcase filled with big paper prototypes, like the one
Mel's working on in this photo:

https://photos-2.dropbox.com/i/l/tGZOpFHyUZYWdP8qQIWC3bCtfwQ7vqHMrwqhz8tGWC4/9183906/1321347600/f75f406/DSC_6385.JPG#20

Over the next week or so I'll be digitizing what we produced in the form
of photos, ui mockups and notes on the wiki.

If anyone's interested in helping with the UI work, I could use some
help!  This is a great place to start if you've always wanted to help
but weren't sure what to do or were worried your python skills weren't
up to snuff.  I should have the photos of the paper prototypes up
Monday evening (I'm on US Mountain time) and I'd love some help
translating the photos into UI mockups (either on the wiki or
semi-functional HTML/JavaScript prototypes) to start.

  Terri