[Mailman-Developers] New RFC on using DKIM with MLMs

Murray S. Kucherawy msk at cloudmark.com
Tue Oct 25 10:47:46 CEST 2011

I don't have a reality suspension field in effect on this topic.  I was simply disputing the claim that complying with the List-Unsubscribe RFC constitutes "hiding" of those details.  I understand the legal issues, and so I suggest that bringing them to the attention of MUA vendors might be a better solution given the pressures of the current evolution of the email environment.

I don't claim MLMs are broken in this regard, but I do think some more modern thinking by all components is in order.

> Footnotes:
> [1]  Good luck getting Joe Average to give up his Outlook, and even
> better luck getting Microsoft to expose protocol headers in a sane way.

Microsoft, for example, appears to be paying a little more attention to this stuff than they used to as they (quietly) begin supporting things like DKIM.  Thus, I'm ever so slightly more hopeful than I used to be.