[Mailman-Developers] mailman / archive-ui / licensing questions

Blake Winton bwinton at mozilla.com
Mon Apr 9 01:27:49 CEST 2012

On 08-04-12 19:24 , Mark Sapiro wrote:
> On 04/08/2012 04:14 PM, Blake Winton wrote:
>> Would it work for everyone if David licensed the archiver to Mailman
>> under the GPLv3+?
> It won't work for David. See, e.g.,
> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2012-April/021921.html>
Well, that's not exactly what David said.  ;)

(I'm not proposing he stops releasing it under S-BSD, just that he
re-licenses the copy in Mailman as GPL.  So he can continue to work on
the code and release it under a permissive license, but Mailman can also
use and distribute it. )

Later,
Blake.

--
Blake Winton   Thunderbird User Experience Lead
bwinton at mozilla.com