[Mailman-Developers] Browser ID integration with Mailman

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Fri Feb 24 00:24:30 CET 2012

On Feb 23, 2012, at 11:46 PM, Florian Fuchs wrote:

>Yep. But we need to decide how tolerant we are when it comes to
>inconsistencies between the state of the core data and a web ui session. A
>list of mailing lists might be stored on a per session basis - if a new list
>is created by a third party during a session, it's probably tolerable not to
>have that new list appear immediately. It's a bit trickier when it comes to
>privileges like moderation etc. that should probably take effect immediately
>(especially when revoked).

I wonder if a push model could be used in those cases where changes to the
core database need to be immediately reflected in the ui.  For example, the
core utilizes zope.events as a hook mechanism to notify other parts of the
core when certain things happen.  For the most part, I'm just using this in
the test suite, but I think it would make sense to hook events to notify
external systems (e.g. the web ui, or its cache, etc.) when certain things
happen.

Cheers,