[Mailman-Developers] GSOC Project idea: OpenPGP integration

Joost van Baal-Ilić joostvb-mailman-developers at mdcc.cx
Wed Apr 10 11:39:12 CEST 2013

Hi Abhilash Raj,

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com schreef:
>On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Daniel Kahn Gillmor
><dkg at fifthhorseman.net>wrote:

>> neat, i'm glad to hear it!

Be aware however: it's not an easy task, as Daniel Kahn Gillmor pointed out.

>> > I'm not sure about the scope of your project but you may want to
>> > review some prior efforts:
>> >
>> > http://schleuder2.nadir.org/
>> > http://www.synacklabs.net/projects/crypt-ml/
>>
>> see also:
>>
>>   http://non-gnu.uvt.nl/mailman-pgp-smime/
>>   http://sels.ncsa.illinois.edu/
>>
>> > My pet favourite feature from the lurker mail archiver is showing
>> > photos from OpenPGP keys in the archive pages.
>>
>Thanks for these links. I am currently going through these projects to
>figure out the implementation part of the OpenPGP into mailman. Also trying
>to use the mailman-php-smime patch to figure out how it is implemented.

The Mailman Secure List Server Patch hasn't been touched since 2010-09.  It's a
patch for mailman-2.1.15, not for the development branch.  However, studying it
will surely give you some inspiration.  Some code might be reusable too.

If you'd like to discuss details of this patch, you're invited to join the list
at ssls-dev at ulm.ccc.de.

I'd be glad to help you dealing with the work.

Bye,

Joost

--
http://mdcc.cx/                 x                    http://ad1810.com/