[Mailman-Developers] Architecture for extra profile info

Richard Wackerbarth rkw at dataplex.net
Mon Apr 29 06:24:26 CEST 2013

Steve,

Here I agree with you.

It is useful for MM to be able to accept enterprise information when it is available.
OAuth is a mechanism that will be useful for some enterprises.
To the general public, being able to use enterprise identification from common sources such as Google or Twitter, is a "friendly" way identify a user and allow them to log into a MM system.

Within a MM installation, OAuth could be used in a more robust distributed implementation. However for our purposes, much simpler schemes such as Basic or Digest Auth is more than adequate for the intercommunication between components such as "core", "postorius", a message store, etc.

Richard