[Mailman-Developers] ORM layer transition

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue Nov 4 02:01:21 CET 2014

On Nov 03, 2014, at 10:59 PM, Guillaume Libersat wrote:

>I've just tried the branch and wanted to point out that I had to add :
>
>"from __future__ import print_function"
>
>at the beginning of:
> - src/mailman/bin/checkdbs.py
> - src/mailman/bin/bumpdigests.py
>
>otherwise it would complain about using "file=" in the print function
>(using python2.x).

Those two files haven't been ported to MM3 yet.  I also haven't gotten around
to deleting them. ;)  Really they need to be changed into a subcommand of
the 'mailman' cli.  Contributions welcome!

>I'd like to explore the possibility to write a migration script from sqlite
>to postgres with the new ORM (saw this:
>https://zignar.net/2011/11/01/copy-data-from-mysql-to-postgres-using-sqlalchemy/
>). If someone is already working on this, please tell me!

Not that I know of but it would be a nice script to have.  If you do come up
with something let us know.

Cheers,