[Mailman-Developers] Announcing the new wiki.list.org

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.org.uk
Mon Feb 9 13:41:03 CET 2015

On Monday 9. February 2015 12.00.57 Jim Tittsler wrote:
> On 02/09/2015 07:39 AM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> > On 02/08/2015 04:37 AM, Paul Boddie wrote:
> >> [...] I might suggest not
> >> limiting the width of the header and page content, but instead just
> >> letting it fill the window.
> >
> > I agree with Paul here. I really didn't notice an issue at first, but
> > today I had occasion to point to <http://wiki.list.org/x/15958359> and
>
> OK.  I've pushed a new version that does not limit the width of the
> header/content column.
>   https://code.launchpad.net/~jwt/+junk/wikilistorg
>
> I've also fixed a few other things that I noticed after seeing the
> actual wiki content in the theme... like clawing back a few pixels to
> better accommodate some of the very long page titles.

I realised that I was being lazy not testing this on my own machine, given
that I'd migrated the content a few times and have plenty of pages to test
with, so I had a quick look at the code.

I've attached a patch to this message - hoping Mailman doesn't strip it! -
which makes some minor, functionality-preserving changes that might help
future maintenance of the various sidebar lists.

Not really knowing bzr at all, I generated this using "bzr send -o
sidebars.diff", but what I would have used in Mercurial is probably "hg export
tip > sidebars.diff", just for the record. ;-)

Paul