[Mailman-Developers] Discussion about Mailman plugins(GSOC 2015)

Prakash kumar prakash.gbpec at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 16:52:37 CET 2015

Hello

I want to discuss on the topic of mailman plugins. I am familiar with the
development of plugins for Flask.

As mentioned on the ideas page I read the working of both chains.py and
pipelines.py and understood the basic architecture of mailman.

I am giving my approach for the plugins implementation-
*1.* A special folders for storing plugins
*2. *Import the below code in pipelines.py and make an object of it. Use it
along with handlers.

> *Class ExtensionFlag(object): def extensions_init(): ext=dict() #this
dictionary store all extension names def set_flag(ext_name,status):
ext[‘ext_name’]=status #enable or disable extension def
check_status(ext_name, message): if  ext[‘ext_name’] :  # calling this
function before using the extension to check if it is enable or
disabledext_name(message) # if enabled then run the extension module on the
current message*

My Questions
*Spam Assassin integration* - Can we use already implemented spam filters
like https://gist.github.com/zacstewart/5978000 or do we need to implement
it from scratch?

Am I going the right way? please discuss on the topic.