[Mailman-Developers] Contributing to GNU Mailman (GSOC '15)

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 07:23:08 CET 2015

Hi Ankush,

)

)

> C) Give more UX controls to the mail list like timeline, metadata,
> user and post filtering and anonymous posting (
> http://wiki.list.org/DEV/Google_Summer_of_Code_2015#Anonymous_lists,
> this could be a stretch goal)

I suggest that you read through the ideas page more carefully and ask
if you have any specific doubts. All of these projects have been
discussed in details on this very mailing-list. Please scroll through
the archives (link in the footer) and read more about them.

Also, I would suggest that you choose any one of the Ideas instead
trying to implement all three of them. All of them are fairly big
enough for a summer (although, that does depend on your proposal).

> However, I have a little hesitation that I am a little late in
> discussing the project and I am really sorry for it. I promise to
> make it up to you, if you could advise me some particular warm-up
> tasks or some other exercise that you require from me, given the
> time-frame, I would be more than happy to do so.

You can get started by setting up your development environment and
fixing atleast 1 bug for any of the projects listed on the Ideas Page.
There should be link to bug-trackers in there too.

- --
thanks,
Abhilash