[Mailman-Developers] Need guidance for original GSOC idea

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Mar 17 01:36:35 CET 2015

Ibrar Yunus writes:

 >  I suggest a project to renovate the seemingly dated website of
 >  mailman ( i.e. https://mail.python.org/),

That website is based on Mailman 2, and is end-of-life.  You should be
looking at the postorius project (referred to in the archives of this
list: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-developers@python.org, and I
believe its project repo is at launchpad.net/postorius).

 >  and for this, I have skills in web-development (AJAX, JavaScript,
 >  JQuery, Bootstrap, Hibernate, Jquery, Python, Java and PHP
 >  servers...etc).
 >
 > If this idea has potential,

Check the GSoC FAQ.  I am pretty sure website design as such is out of
bounds for GSoC.  The Postorius developers are probably interested in
people to help write code to extend its functionality, however.  If it
happens to be pretty at the same time, so much the better!

Steve