[Mailman-Developers] Student proposal under the idea "Better handling of list styles"

Abhilash Raj raj.abhilash1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 15:33:14 CET 2015

Hi,

We suggest that you post all your queries about Google Summer of Code to
mailman-developers at python.org mailing list.

On Tuesday 17 March 2015 07:33 PM, Mallem Nagapurnika wrote:
> I am M. Naga Purnika, second year undergraduate student at B.V.R.I.T
> Hyderabad College of Engineering for Women.
>
> I have learning experience in python and HTML5(CSS, JavaScript).
>
> As part of my project I have an idea of developing a mailing list with an
> interactive interface that can support many features apart from handling
> the mails.
>
> My Senior Mentor has advised me to refer mailman which is an open source
> platform to develop and better handling of mailing lists.
>
> I have gone through it and tried to build a sample mailing list but
> couldn't complete it successfully due to inconvenient interface which is
> difficult for beginners like me.
>
> Later I have found that GSOC 2015 has opened a project on Mailman which is
> similar to my project. So I would like to be a part of the project headed
> under "Better handling of list styles".  I would be privileged in
> contributing my ideas that could be helpful to improve the management of
> list styles.

There has been previous discussion on this topic on this list, please
browse through the archives of this list and you would have lots of
stuff to get started. We need something more than "I am interested in
this project idea" to help you. Also please read Ideas Page carefully.

--
thanks,
Abhilash