[Mailman-Developers] Small change to REST API for held subscription requests

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Mon Mar 23 12:16:27 CET 2015

Andrew Stuart writes:

 > LDAP seems like a pretty configuration heavy thing to put in to a
 > standlone Mailman system.  I’m currently researching to find some
 > sort of minimla/lightweight LDAP integration approach.

IMHO, what we really want (besides a pony, do you raise ponies?) is
"enterprise" integration, by which I mean that Mailman doesn't do auth
at all, but provides something like OAuth with a bundled lightweight
backend that does password auth, and bundled adapters that can connect
to social auth (OpenID, Mozilla Persona) or an enterprise's LDAP
directory.

Sounds like a great GSoC project to me!!