[Mailman-Developers] [Project Discussion] Approach for Implementing Admin Tasks

Barry Warsaw barry at list.org
Tue May 26 02:50:04 CEST 2015

On May 25, 2015, at 05:27 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:

>I think a better idea would be to keep everything in Postorius. Held messages
>and subscription requests are already available through the REST API, and
>hence can easily be used to create the `Tasks` model in Postorius.  Barry,
>Florian thoughts?

It was a long USA holiday weekend so I haven't had time to read the detailed
proposal, but I think what Abhilash suggests has a lot of merit.  The internal
representation of subscription requests underwent a big change during Pycon,
where the subscription policy work landed.  There will be changes soon for
unsubscription policy support.  It's also possible that held messages will be
handled differently in the future.  The intent is to keep the REST API as
stable as possible during all this, so if the information is available there
(which it is), then it would be safest to just build on top of the existing
API.

Bhavesh, can you describe why a task model in the core is a better way to go?

Cheers,