[Mailman-Developers] [Project Discussion] Approach for Implementing Admin Tasks

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue May 26 06:26:25 CEST 2015

Barry Warsaw writes:
 > On May 25, 2015, at 05:27 PM, Abhilash Raj wrote:
 >
 > >I think a better idea would be to keep everything in Postorius.

+1  I really think we should reserve 3.1 for fixing major problems (and
I expect to have a lot of user-noticable problems, starting with lots
of Mailman 2 functionality that went unimplemented for one reason or
another).

I tend to sympathize with Bhavesh.  There are a bunch of things that
really need help from core.  (Authn/z is the gaping wound: a *lot* of
people have separate machines for mail and web, but as things stand
that's not possible because Postorius has to live on the same host as
core).

 > Bhavesh, can you describe why a task model in the core is a better
 > way to go?

Yes, please do: I'm not 100% sure I agree that it would be useful
later in the series, but especially in cases where the conclusion is
"let's not" it's best to get a pretty solid argument "for" on record.

It's also good practice. :-)