[Mailman-i18n] forwarded message from Bruno Haible

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
13 Mar 2002 16:00:47 +0100

barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

> I haven't had time to look at this, and probably won't for several
> days.  I like that Mailman's current tool chain works on my fairly
> stock, ancient RH6.1-ish system, but it also is fairly unweildy
> <wink>.
>
> If the new version of gettext will make /your/ lives easier, I'm happy
> to upgrade the Makefiles and such to rely on it.  Comments are welcome.

I think the only need to change the tools may occur with the Chinese
catalogs, as there are some compatibility issues with escape
characters - newer tools may reject older catalogs. I don't know
whether this is an issue for the current mailman CVS.

Also, the newer msgfmt catches a few additional errors.

Apart from that, I don't think there is any need to update gettext.

Regards,
Martin