[Mailman-i18n] forwarded message from Bruno Haible

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 11:52:54 -0500

    MvL> I think the only need to change the tools may occur with the
    MvL> Chinese catalogs, as there are some compatibility issues with
    MvL> escape characters - newer tools may reject older catalogs. I
    MvL> don't know whether this is an issue for the current mailman
    MvL> CVS.

It is.  I believe I've disabled building the Chinese catalog by
default because it simply fails.

    MvL> Also, the newer msgfmt catches a few additional errors.

    MvL> Apart from that, I don't think there is any need to update
    MvL> gettext.

I also think the way I merge the .pot file into the .po files is
fairly kludgey.  So that might make it worthwhile.

-Barry