[Mailman-i18n] Help with Latest changes

Daniel Buchmann Daniel.Buchmann@bibsys.no
Tue Oct 29 22:14:25 2002

---------------------- multipart/signed attachment
Here's another approach, that I think you might want to try, Danny:

Merge your working catalog with the catalog Barry generated. You do this
by using the msgmerge utility:

msgmerge -o <new-po-file> <your-work-file.po> mailman.pot

So if the file you are working on is called mailman-work.po, first do a
cvs update in nl/LC_MESSAGES (this shouldn't overwrite your work, but
you can save your mailman-work.po somewhere else, for safety), then also
in nl/LC_MESSAGES, type:

msgmerge -o mailman.po mailman-work.po ../../mailman.pot

This should overwrite the newly checked out mailman.po with your latest
translation merged with the new mailman.pot and is probably what you
want! :D

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 22:20, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
>=20
>=20
>     DT> I see (new checkins) that many lines are changed at the
>     DT> mailman.po file (Bouncer Patch).  How to merge the new
>     DT> mailman.po(latest cvs b4+) with my mailman-work.po(b4) ?  I
>     DT> did serveral translations and i do not want it to be lost :(
>=20
> Did you get CVS conflicts?  Hopefully if so you didn't get a lot of
> them, but if you did you'll need to resolve them manually in an
> editor.  Here's an entry from the cvs manual that helps explain the
> process of resolving conflicts:
>=20
> http://www.cvshome.org/docs/manual/cvs_10.html#SEC86
>=20