[Mailman-i18n] HTML or not HTML?

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Wed Mar 8 12:16:29 CET 2006

Hello again :)

As I work my way through the Mailman messages.po file, I notice that
many of the strings use HTML code, and I wonder if this is universal.

Can I treat all the strings in that file as though they were HTML
code? In other words, when I use something like a right arrow or
angle bracket in any string, do I need to insert it as an entity, or
are there strings which are not HTML?

I am confused on that point, because some original strings contain
entities for angle brackets,
reference:	⑤	Mailman/Gui/General.py:134
Original:	⌘0	The text will be treated as html <em>except</em> that\n
              newlines will be translated to &lt;br&gt; - so you can
use links,\n

while others use them without entities.
reference:	⑤	Mailman/Gui/General.py:143
Original:	⌘0	This text will be prepended to subject lines of messages
              posted to the list, to distinguish mailing list
messages in in\n
              mailbox summaries.  Brevity is premium here, it's ok to
              long mailing list names to something more concise, as
long as
              still identifies the mailing list.\n
              You can also add a sequencial number by %%d substitution\n
              directive. eg.; [listname %%d] -> [listname 123]\n
                             (listname %%05d) -> (listname 00123)\n

Thankyou for any help you can offer on this. :)

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)