[Mailman-i18n] Reposted: Another combined variable

Tokio Kikuchi tkikuchi at is.kochi-u.ac.jp
Thu Mar 9 12:02:06 CET 2006

Hi,

I try to answer your your questions in three messages at once.

I think you have to have your own installation of mailman to check how
these strings are formatted in HTML.  You know that HTML rendering in
browsers treat consecutive spaces or tabs as a single space.  Also,
there are languages which have no space character (at least in
pre-computer era) like Japanese or Chinese.  Python substitution form of
'%(varname)s' doesn't need preceding or following space.  If you put a
space in the variable 'varname', then you don't have to put a space
before or after the '%(varname)s notation.  In some language like
Japanese, you don't have to put any space in 'varname' or before/after
'%(varname)s'.  In conclusion, if it looks OK in your language with your
browser, then it's OK.

http://weather.is.kochi-u.ac.jp/