[Mailman-i18n] Asturian translation for Mailman

Mark Sapiro mark at msapiro.net
Mon Dec 7 18:49:56 CET 2009

Marcos wrote:

>Hi! We translated Mailman 2.1.12 to the Asturian language.
>
>You can download the files (messages & templates) here: http://bit.ly/4FAgWC
>
>Can you upload this translation to the upstream, please?

I have got your files and I will install them for the 2.1.13 release.

I have some issues:

The encoding of the mailman.po is declared as iso-8859-1 and this
appears to be correct. It also appears that at least some of the
templates are iso-8859-1, but having looked at just a few, it seems
that at least adminsubscribeack.txt is utf-8 encoded. It doesn't
matter what the encoding is, although utf-8 is preferred, but
everything must be the same encoding.

Also just looking at the first two html templates, I see things like
"%%28detailsurl%29s" and "%%28summaryurl%29s". These need to be
"%(detailsurl)s" and "%(summaryurl)s". The html escaping of the ()
characters will break the substitution of those variables. This
escaping does not seem to be universal, even within one template, and
I can probably fix it programatically, so this is not major, but I do
need every file to be encoded the same.